Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Boats are an enjoyable way to spend time on the water. Whether traveling a local lake trolling for fish, waterskiing behind a powerboat or simply enjoying the sounds of nature from a pontoon boat with friends, boat insurance ensures that you can enjoy your time on the water knowing you have protection.
What Is Boat Insurance?
Small boats, such as canoes and other un-motorized boats, are typically covered under the personal property portion of a homeowners insurance policy. However, more extensive, faster boats may need separate boatowner’s insurance. This coverage offers protection for your boat, motor, equipment and passengers. Boat insurance typically has similar coverage to your auto insurance policy and includes:
· Physical damage—This insures your boat, motor, boat trailer, boat equipment (anchors, oars, fuel tanks, life jackets, dinghies, tools, etc.) and other personal property against theft, accidental loss or damages.
· Liability—Two principal liability coverages usually included are:
o Personal liability—Boatowners insurance typically offers protection for legal liability. Up to the limit of your policy, it pays the legal obligations imposed upon you due to an accident resulting from the ownership, maintenance, or use of your watercraft, including bodily injury, property damage, and legal defense.
§ Medical payments—May pay medical expenses up to the limits in the policy, including the insured’s boating-related medical expenses from an accident arising out of the ownership, maintenance or use of the boat.
o Property damage liability—This type of liability coverage provides protection for damages you or a covered policy member cause to a third party or their property while operating your boat.
Is Additional Coverage Available?
Additional types of insurance can provide even more protection, and they include:
· Emergency service: You can pay for reasonable costs resulting from specified emergency service to your boat, motor, or boat trailer.
· Reasonable repairs: May cover repairs incurred to protect your covered property from further damage.
· Wreck removal: May pay for reasonable expenses sustained for any attempted or actual raising, removal or destruction of your boat from an insured loss, and your wreck removal is required by law.
· Umbrella liability: Can provide additional coverage for home, auto and boat across the board.
How Much Does Boat Insurance Cost?
The cost of a boat insurance policy will depend upon the type of boat and its use, the type of coverage you want, and if you want any supplemental coverage. We can help you obtain affordable coverage tailored to your needs.
We Can Help
Eaton Insurance Services can help you obtain suitable boat coverage. Call us today at 810-686-1470 to get started.