Renters Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Renters Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Renters Insurance Information
Although renters may not have the same financial stake in their homes as homeowners, they still need adequate insurance. Whether you rent a house, apartment, condo or other type of residence, you rely on your home for security, stability and safety. Your dwelling may also protect many of your most treasured and valuable possessions. With that in mind, it’s necessary to understand and maintain suitable renters insurance.
What Does Renters Insurance Cover?
Renters insurance functions similarly to homeowners insurance in many ways. These policies provide financial protection for you, your home and your belongings. Although coverage may be customizable, renters coverage can generally be relied on to provide financial assistance in response to the following incidents:
- Smoke damage
- Some water damage (e.g., from a burst pipe or another tenant leaving their water on and flooding your unit)
The details of your renters insurance policy can be modified to suit your specific needs, budget and circumstances, but in most cases, your coverage will include the following:
- Personal possessions coverage—If a covered event leads to losses involving your possessions, such as clothing, furniture and electronics, your insurance can compensate you for your losses.
- Liability coverage—This coverage can help pay for medical bills, property damage and other losses accrued by third parties for which you or another person listed on your policy are at fault.
- Loss-of-use coverage—If you are forced to vacate your home temporarily due to a covered event, this coverage can help pay for resulting costs, such as hotel stays and restaurant meals.
How Much Renters Insurance Do I Need?
Your renters insurance needs may vary significantly even compared with people who live in the same building or have similar circumstances. When compiling your renters insurance policy, consider the following:
- Belongings you would need to replace if lost, damaged or stolen
- Potential liability risks (e.g., pets)
- Cost of temporary accommodations and expenses if forced to vacate your home
Get the Right Coverage
For over 50 years, the dedicated agents at Eaton Insurance Services have made it their mission to help individuals, families and businesses in the Genesee County area secure their assets with optimal coverage. Our dedicated staff will draw on their extensive knowledge and experience to assess your insurance needs, explore available options and assemble ideal policies. Contact us today to get started.